Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A Little Gift

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
All day today, I've put myself in a grouchy mood. I have snapped at the baby. I have hid on the computer to "get away from it all." On the way to church, I told Jeffie that I needed a break. I mentioned that I'd like to go shopping and get some new clothes and shoes, so I could feel better, LOL. Well, I know that the Lord was listening to me. He knew what kind of day I was having, and He prepared my church friend's heart for just such a time as this. I was in the hallway, and Jeffie handed me a bag that my friend gave to him. I looked inside, and ran to talk to my friend. It was an adorable black shawl coat!! I had complimented her on her shawl coat recently, and I guess it helped her remember that she had an extra one! Can you believe it? Well, if you're saved, I'm sure you will, because you've probably been through things like this too. God is always there, ready to give us gifts, and help smooth our day out, if we would just come to Him and ask Him. Why didn't I go to Him this morning?? Christ could have given my day a lift, but I never asked Him. Even so, He still cared about me, and brought this gift into my life, without my asking.

Thank you so much, Lord, for the wonderful friends, and awesome gifts you bring into my life every day of my life. Help me to remember to come to you when I need help.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

LOL, that's a nice story. But isn't it true what you said about not asking? The Bible says we have not because we ask not. But even when we don't ask, He shows grace and mercy on us and grants our heart's desires. That's nice. Now, run along to get your camera and show us a picture of that shawl coat! :)

~Kristi

Shari said...

LOL, i'll have to get jeffie to take a picture of me wearing it.