Search This Blog

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Homemaker MeMe

SmileyCentral.com
Aprons – Y/N? If Y, what does your favorite look like?
Well, I have an apron, a cool Pampered Chef apron...but...I never think to use it, and instead wipe everything on my pants. ROTFL.

SmileyCentral.com
Baking – Favorite thing to bake
ummm, well, once in a great while, I'll bake a box bread, or a Tastefully Simple "beer bread" (using sprite, lol.)


SmileyCentral.com
Clothesline – Y/N?
No.


SmileyCentral.com
Donuts – Have you ever made them?
umm, no, but I love to eat them!! HA HA


SmileyCentral.com
Every day – One homemaking thing you do every day
I end up sweeping somewhere every day...with wood floors and a messy preschooler, it's inevitable!


SmileyCentral.com
Freezer – Do you have a separate deep freeze?
Yes, we have one, and once in a whle we get bulk stuff to put in it, but I always forget what's in there.

SmileyCentral.com
Garbage Disposal – Y/N?
NOOOOO, crying pitiously....That's one of the things I really want.


SmileyCentral.com
Handbook – What is your favorite homemaking resource?
Well, everyone's blogs are always filled with awesome ideas! I love you guys!


SmileyCentral.com
Ironing – Love it or hate it? Or hate it but love the results?
I have to admit... I NEVER iron! My hubbie irons his own shirts for churh. I just try hang stuff up pretty quickly (or wear it wrinkled. hee hee.)


SmileyCentral.com
Junk drawer – Y/N? Where is it?
Well, for me it should be.... if you DON'T have a junk drawer, where is it? ROTFL. No,really I have one junk drawer in the kitchen next to the sink.

SmileyCentral.com
Kitchen – Color and decorating scheme
Well, we haven't been able to do much to the kitchen since we moved in, so it's still white. I have an ivy theme though.


SmileyCentral.com
Love – What is your favorite part of homemaking?
The clean smells! I love candles, and clean clothes, and even the smell of bleach, LOL. It's the smells that motivate me to clean.


SmileyCentral.com
Mop – Y/N?
Yep, I have wooden floors, and tile EVERYWHERE, so I'm always sweeping and mopping.


SmileyCentral.com
Nylons – Wash by hand or in the washing machine?
I throw them in my lengerie bag, and throw them in the washing machine.


SmileyCentral.com
Oven – Do you use the window or open the oven to check?
Oh, I open my door to check, every time. You don't get the TRUE look through the window.


SmileyCentral.com
Pizza – What do you put on yours?
I adore mushrooms!!

SmileyCentral.com
Quiet – What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
I go into the bunny room, and play with my bunny, and read.


SmileyCentral.com
Recipe card box – Y/N? What does it look like?
I have a big white plastic container that I keep my cookbooks in (on the fridge, that's how often you can tell I look at them.) and my cards are in a clear container that I got in the mail. I would have liked to continue with the recipe mail thing, but I did have to admit to myself that I never cook. ROTFL. So, I don't really need new recipes all the time.


SmileyCentral.com
Style of house – What style is your house?
I'm in a funky golden yellow ranch. I LOVE IT, but not the color... ROTFL. Someday, we'll have the money to put new vinyl siding up.


SmileyCentral.com
Tablecloths and napkins – Y/N?
How about paper towels?? I use either napkins, or paper towels... whatever is closest at the time. I don't have any tablecloths up now.


SmileyCentral.com
Under the kitchen sink – Organized or toxic wasteland?
I don't go in there very often. It is organized, but not very pretty.. just junk I never use, and need to toss.


SmileyCentral.com
Vacuum – How many times per week?
I have a few bath mats and a few small carpets, so mostly I just sweep them up, or use my manual little sweeper. I'm thinking about getting one of those little dust devil ones soon.


SmileyCentral.com
Wash – How many loads of laundry do you do per week?
I've never counted really. I just try to put it off, and then realize that I'll have to do some, or we won't be fit to go outside.


SmileyCentral.com
X’s – Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?
nahhhh.


SmileyCentral.com
Yard – Y/N? Who does what?
Jeffie and I take turns pushing eachother out the door to shovel or whatever. HAHA. I love to garden, so I'm in charge of the flowers and stuff. Jeffie was in charge of the lawn, but it never got done (in his defence, he works 6 days a week), so this year we're hiring a maintenence crew.


SmileyCentral.comSmileyCentral.com
Zzz’s – What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
I go in and take care of my pets. I clean Frappie's cage, and give her fresh food and water, and give her a treat to put her back in her cage. Then I feed my fish, and turn off their light. That's always just about the last thing I do each day.


our friend at
http://agracioushome.com/ provided this for us to enjoy. Feel free to pop over to read hers and a bunch more Memes from other bloggers.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

You've never made doughnuts???

OK, here's a simple way to do it and Gabey will love 'em!

Now, the first time I ever made doughnuts I did it this way, but as time has passed, I've learned ways to make them even better with my own dough.

Take a can of Grands biscuits and use a pop bottle cap to make a hole in the center or just use your fingers to make a hole. If you use a bottle cap, you can use THAT dough for making doughnut holes. :)

Anyway, drop the biscuit in a deep fryer or pot of hot oil until it's golden brown on the bottom. It'll float on top. When it's golden on the bottom just use a fork to flip it over until it's golden on that side too. As soon as it comes out, roll it in a homemade glaze made of confectioner's sugar, water, and flavoring. The doughnut holes are good rolled in powdered sugar too. But remember that they will puff up pretty big.

~Kristi

Shari said...

oh man, those sound awesome!!
i keep looking at those deep fryers, and wondering if i'd ever use one. i'd most likey cook my fries and stuff in it all the time.

Kristi said...

You don't have to have a deep fryer, but it's easier to use than a cooking pot. Of course, if you do use a cooking pot, make sure it's a larger saucepan. I have one that's in between the sizes of a cooking pot and a regular sized saucepan. That's what I used before my deepfryer, which I LOVE! LOL

~Kristi