Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Wednesday, November 04, 2009
I bought 3 glofish last night, and I may just have to get a whole new tank just for myself and these beautiful fish!!
They're a specially bred thype of Danio.. and essentially are just danios... BUT...
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
I feel lost without it. I'm so upset with all the pics I take now.
Saturday, August 08, 2009
Wednesday, July 08, 2009
Koalas, if you don't know, are not social and don't come out of trees or into the suburbs very often. Reason being, under normal circumstances, they don't usually drink water in the normal manner. All their food and water requirements are provided from the eucalyptus leaves that they eat. That's why they sleep about 22 hours of the day because the calories and liquid intake is not enough to keep them awake all day long, however, they consume enormous amounts of leaves in that time.
The following photos are even more amazing once that fact is known.
KOALAS DURING THE HEAT WAVE IN AUSTRALIA (2009)
I truly am from a remarkable country! And we have THE cutest animals, (AND some of the most deadly - I know!) but, I thought you would appreciate how cute this is...! At home in Victoria the temperature has been above 44o C, (about 111o F) all this week and they are forecasting another week of 44o C, (about 104oF) plus temperatures. Power is failing, trains have stopped running because tracks are buckling under the heat . Its just scorching, and it seems that the people are not the only ones suffering.
Check out the following photos of a little Koala which just walked onto a back porch looking for a bit of heat relief.
This woman filled up a bucket for it and this is what happened!
Sunday, July 05, 2009
You can go to this site on July 6th to vote for him. I'm not sure what the prizes are... I just wants bragging rites. LOL!
Vote for Gideon in the Beautiful Baby Contest for Fox 8 News!!
Sunday, May 17, 2009
A Gallup survey released Friday found that 51 percent of those questioned call themselves "pro-life" on the issue of abortion and 42 percent "pro-choice." This is the first time a majority of U.S. adults have identified themselves as "pro-life" since Gallup began asking this question in 1995.
Count ME as one of them. I don't understand how we can have so many rescues for animals (they're sweet, and the people are great to do it) and yet be able to throw away millions of humans! Where's the logic in that? A woman's body HOUSES a baby. The baby isn't wholly part of her body, it is a being all it's own, with it's own DNA, it's own feelings, and fears. A woman should not be able to choose to kill, just because her offspring isn't outside her body yet. If someone killed their son when he was 8 it would be murder. What's the difference, I ask?? Size? Potential to run away? We're so selfish in this world, we're willing to sacrifice HUMANS for our convenience, our reputation, our comfort? Some people sacrifice their children to Idols, we sacrifice our children to the god of Selfishness.
ADOPTION NOT ABORTION. I know friends who have had to go all the way overseas, and paid thousands of dollars to adopt babies, while we toss ours in the garbage. Let's wake up and start caring for our nation's babies!
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Here is a video of Frappie in her play yard. I just kept filming, because she kept rewarding me with more fun binkies and jumps. :)
Monday, May 11, 2009
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Esther Joy Travis
the Joy of her Lord,
from death unto life eternal
at 4:25pm Saturday, May 9, 2009.
Touche s of grace : (things Esther said over this last week)
1. 4-30-09 Thursday morning she woke up and wanted to eat Adam remembers that prayer, She was so grateful to eat! Daddy asked her if she had seen Jesus. Esther said YES and Adam askedwhen. Esther said,"While I was praying for my food I saw Him in my heart". Adam went on to ask if He said anything and she said, "He said I will be with you." Anxious that she was going to go Adam asked "Is he with you now?" She replied,"He is always in my heart Daddy! He said I WILL be with you." Adam is still laughing about how silly his question was. =)
2. 4-30-09 We were watching a movie but she wasn't really watching so I asked her what she was thinking about she replied" I was thinking about how special Jesus is". I said, Yes, He is special, what special thing where you thinking about? She said" How strong He is".
3. 5-3-09 Sunday Adam walked the kids over to Sunday school and came back to help me with Esther. When she realized he was back she said, "Daddy you can go". He explained he was staying to help me with her and I ask, do you want Daddy to go? Esther nodded and said "Yes, I want you to go teach the Indians about Jesus".
4. 5-3-09 That night we had taken her into the hospital for platlet s and two red cell transfusion s. She sat up with a smile and wanted to hug me I will always remember those little boney arms with her pick line brace squeasing my neck as she spoke the words I love you mommy for the last time.
I was headed to get her meds a little later and she muttered "Don't worry about me mommy, Jesus will be with me."
5. 5-8-09 F or fun when Daddy wiped an eyelash off her cheek he asked what she wished for. Esther said (what we would later know was her real last conversatio n) "I wish to go to heaven".
6. 5-9-09 After a hard night and morning we were able at 2:30 to get her pain finally to subside. We fell asleep stretched out by her. The Lord sent a total stranger to wake us up (a man from Southwood Baptist Church, who said they had taken up a collection for us and had been praying for us) as Adam started to visit with him I realized Esther was taking her last few breathes. I called Adam he excused himself and we along with her two older siblings Jonathan and Deborah were able to be with her as she took her last. The Lord answered our prayer to both be with her as she passed on.
May God Bless You All,
Adam and Jennifer Travis
Friday, May 01, 2009
Friday, April 24, 2009
Monday, April 13, 2009
I'm sure this week's Scenic Sunday has amazing submissions! To check them out, click on the linkie at the left sidebar.
I made a cage in the CLOSET for her, LOL. I took off the door, and she's out of the way, but right there for us. I can build up and back when she gets bigger and more active. I put gates up, and have been letting her run the hallway for bits.
Here is a pic of her new closet condo! ROTFL!
This is a slideshow of some of the pics of her, and some pics that I was making for a photo contest on www.bunspace.com I played around with photobucket a bit for those.
To see more MYM's click on the linkie at the left hand side of this page. :):)
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Thursday, April 09, 2009
BUT... I'm been missing my bunny for months, I gave her up in November,and regretted it so much. I even emailed the new owner asking for Fraps back, but she wasn't willing.
I decided that I didn't want to be without a bunny. I headed up to the pet store where I got Frappie, and saw, this adorable little thing.
She chose me right away, and I took her home with me.
I named her my Babydoll.
Wednesday, April 08, 2009
Here is a news story...
Tuesday, April 07, 2009
I was able to get some gorgeous pictures. Here they are for ya'.
click on these next linkies to be taken to more and more lovely critter and flower photos....