Esther Joy Travis
the Joy of her Lord,
from death unto life eternal
at 4:25pm Saturday, May 9, 2009.
Touche s of grace : (things Esther said over this last week)
1. 4-30-09 Thursday morning she woke up and wanted to eat Adam remembers that prayer, She was so grateful to eat! Daddy asked her if she had seen Jesus. Esther said YES and Adam askedwhen. Esther said,"While I was praying for my food I saw Him in my heart". Adam went on to ask if He said anything and she said, "He said I will be with you." Anxious that she was going to go Adam asked "Is he with you now?" She replied,"He is always in my heart Daddy! He said I WILL be with you." Adam is still laughing about how silly his question was. =)
2. 4-30-09 We were watching a movie but she wasn't really watching so I asked her what she was thinking about she replied" I was thinking about how special Jesus is". I said, Yes, He is special, what special thing where you thinking about? She said" How strong He is".
3. 5-3-09 Sunday Adam walked the kids over to Sunday school and came back to help me with Esther. When she realized he was back she said, "Daddy you can go". He explained he was staying to help me with her and I ask, do you want Daddy to go? Esther nodded and said "Yes, I want you to go teach the Indians about Jesus".
4. 5-3-09 That night we had taken her into the hospital for platlet s and two red cell transfusion s. She sat up with a smile and wanted to hug me I will always remember those little boney arms with her pick line brace squeasing my neck as she spoke the words I love you mommy for the last time.
I was headed to get her meds a little later and she muttered "Don't worry about me mommy, Jesus will be with me."
5. 5-8-09 F or fun when Daddy wiped an eyelash off her cheek he asked what she wished for. Esther said (what we would later know was her real last conversatio n) "I wish to go to heaven".
6. 5-9-09 After a hard night and morning we were able at 2:30 to get her pain finally to subside. We fell asleep stretched out by her. The Lord sent a total stranger to wake us up (a man from Southwood Baptist Church, who said they had taken up a collection for us and had been praying for us) as Adam started to visit with him I realized Esther was taking her last few breathes. I called Adam he excused himself and we along with her two older siblings Jonathan and Deborah were able to be with her as she took her last. The Lord answered our prayer to both be with her as she passed on.
May God Bless You All,
Adam and Jennifer Travis