Search This Blog

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Drastic Measures (more potty training woes)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Gabey has totally rebelled going on the potty. Soooo, I'm getting drastic. I should have done it in the summer when I first started this annoying journey. I put real underwear on him today. I told him he MUST not go in his underwear! And if he does, he's going to FEEL it. I want it to be UNCOMFORTABLE for him. He's too happy going in his diaper. The pullups are the same way, so I'm going to just use them when we're going out. I'm going to be stressed like crazy, cleaning up after him, but we have to progress with this thing. I'm giving him a skittle every time he sits on the potty. I want him to stop fighting me on sitting. Yikes. I can't wait til this is OVER. ROTFL. My rabbit is potty trained, and my son isn't. LOL.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I never used pull ups on my kids unless we were going out and even then I only took them with me. The rest of the time they were in their underwear and plastic pants. One thing that worked with Harrison is I put his potty chair wherever he was playing at the time. He didn't want to have to stop playing to walk ALLLLL the way to the potty and so eventually he was used to going while he played and then I put his potty in the hall and then after a while of that I put it in the bathroom and then of course one day it was gone. LOL With Justin, he was potty trained in three days....including NIGHTS!!! Hannah was more stubborn about going, but her daddy bribed her with painting her finger nails and toe nails every night if he got a good report from me when he got home from work. He took her out and bought her several different colors. It was so funny watching him paint her nails. I will never forget that. But she loved it and it worked. LOL Of course, I am NOT suggesting painted nails for Gabey. LOL hehe Boy, wouldn't Jeff have a cow??? LOL :)

~Kristi

Shari said...

that is the sweetest thing, about the nails. what a wonderful incentive.