Search This Blog

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Tea? How do you get it to taste good?

I chose a tea from my Gevalia club, and yesterday, I made 3 cups....
I didn't drink any of them. LOL. I would take a sip, and toss it. I can't get it to taste good. I tried to put creamer, I tried to put milk, I tried it plain. The milk and creamer both seemed not to blend at all. Yikes. Nothing was good enough. Maybe I just won't ever like tea. I wonder if I heat up the milk first. It looked horrible going into the tea. Even my coffee needs a lot of creamer before I can get it to taste good. I do like Chai Tea, but so far, even the flavored teas are not pleasing to me. The one I have right now is Lemon Berry Breeze. It just sounded so yummy. Does anyone have any advice on how to put a creamer in? Should I warm my milk up before I put it in?

5 comments:

Cherish the Home said...

It's been my experience that cream or milk doesn't work in herbal teas. I've tried and the milk always curdles.

My favourite tea is Lady Grey. It has a touch of lemon and it takes cream/milk very well. I also add 2 teaspoons of sugar and it is delicious! It does have caffeine so I don't drink it daily.

With herbal teas I add honey or a little sugar and I don't steep it very long so that the flavor is weaker.

Hope it helps!

Blessings!
~Mrs.B

Anonymous said...

HI Shari!
When it comes to tea for me--I HAVE to add sugar. I really haven't tried cream in my tea. In my opion-- tea and cream just doesn't even sound good. I know that people love it--butI don't think that I would.
Anyway--try the sugar. It makes a world of difference!

Lemonberry does sound yummy! Let me know if the sugar helps!
Lori S.

Shari said...

lori, i did try it with sugar, ha ha. i wonder if just steeping it for less time will help.
it seems like such a nice, peaceful way to spend a quiet afternoon. i know that my coffee was an aquired taste (and you should see how much cream and sugar i put in, but i love it that way), so i wonder if i keep trying tea, if it will grow on me.

mrs. b., i've heard lady grey mentioned on the blogs (it may have been yours :) ). i'll have to look into that. that was what happened to my milk and cream, and i'd love to be able to put cream in it.

Anonymous said...

I don't drink coffee all that much but when I do I also use ALOT of cream and sugar. I guess I should say that I have a little coffee with my cream and sugar!!
Lori :-)

Shari said...

LOL! that's exact! are you my twin?