Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

cheeky hair (zig zag part, ponytail braids)

I've been up foreeeever, lol. gettin' a little slap happy, so i decided to try a new hairstyle. i've been doing double braids for about a month now, but i usually just braid them with a straight part. so, i changed it today with the crooked part, and extra ponytails. having the braids tends to cut down on the weight on the back of my head, i've noticed. i usually wear a ponytail and thick braid in back, but sometimes it just gets so heavy. i don't remember my hair being this thick when i was in college. it was down past my waist, but very straight, and it seemed a lot thinner than it does now. lol. it's sooo thick and heavy now, i can't keep it as long as i'd like. i'm a waist length person, but so far whenever it gets to the top of my waist now, i chop it.

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Love the hair style. It's very cute. I like the zig zag in the back.

And I really love the blog's new look too. You did a fantastic job on it.

~Kristi

Shari said...

yippeee. thanks. the blog went through some scary changes for a few hours, lol. i would save it and check it, when the preview wasn't working, lol.
i just love going to the blogs that are personalized, so i figured it was time to work on it.

Anonymous said...

That is some magnificent hair! I'm growing mine long and will probably wear it in a single braid as it grows (I'm 51). I'd be happy to have the thickness of just one of your braids for my whole head.

Shari said...

oh thanks. :):) it's nice to meet you sabine. thank you for stopping by. i think long hair is just awesome, i'm sure your hair will be great. how long is it now?

Anonymous said...

The longest parts are just separating at the shoulders now. I had a couple of chops to cut off some of the dyed hair. I am letting my silver grow out.

Dorothy Aichele Conway said...

I am 61 and letting my hair grow out. My hair was very straight and thin last winter and I hated it. So, I got a perm. I have always loved having curly hair. Now, I set my hair in pincurls (the old fashioned way). I like having lots of big curly hair!