Search This Blog

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Produce Shoppers Gone Bad

SmileyCentral.com tonight, we were at Tops looking at the produce. i glanced over, and noticed that there was a little man nonchalantly EATING the produce! he was standing there, talking on his cell phone, popping grapes in his mouth from the bags on the fruit stand! SmileyCentral.com can you even believe it?? ROTFL! i wandered right over to the customer service and TOLD on him. as i got there, i found that the person at the customer service is a friend of mine from church. she said, actually, that a lot of people seem to be doing that, grazing at the produce stand like cows in a garden. i'm sure God had this happen so i could see her. she's going through a rough time right now, and i wouldn't have known. thank you Lord. now, i can know to pray for her specifically today.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

It's really pathetic that people do that. I saw a woman grab a package of cookies and open them up and eat them while she was in the store. I followed her to see what she would do. She stuffed the empty package behind a loaf of bread so I grabbed the empty package and said, "Ma'am, you left your cookie package here. I know you wouldn't want to forget paying for them." Then I followed her through the store until she got in the checkout line. I was right behind her and when she finally checked out, paying for the cookies as well, I said, "Well, I'm going to finish my shopping now." And turned around and left. I was feeling brave that day until I checked out a good while later and decided to exit from the other side of the store. LOL

~Kristi

Shari said...

ROTLF! well, if they won't listen to their conscience, you know? someone has to help them along. lol.
i'm just so surprised that, with all the workers, and security cameras, they just let things like that go, hellooooo!


it's not a buffet! lol.