Search This Blog

Friday, September 29, 2006

Finding your Niche

Yesterday, my dad stopped by with a little pail full of fish for my fish tank! He joked that he had gone a little overboard, and that he wouldn't tell me how much they cost, LOL. I'm quite glad. I'm afraid to know. I am just so happy with them. I had a tiny group of 6 fish that survived my first attempt at a fish purchase. Now, I have over 20 fish. I watched them last night for quite a while, and they're trying to find their niche in the tank. I can see them fussing at each other, nipping each other's fins. I'm sure it's hard to find yourself in a new tank with so many other fish. I've felt that way many times, LOL, my first year of high school, my first year of college, every new job I've had, etc. It's hard finding your niche, finding your friends. I'm just glad that no matter where I go, I'll always have my Lord. I can complain to Him, and tell Him all that's going on in my day. I never have to feel lonely with my Lord right beside me.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

How wonderful. Such a very nice thing to gaze at. I would love to have a fish tank. A friend of ours had a 90 gallon tropical tank and it was BEAUTIFUL! I bet Gabey loves to look at them.

~Kristi

Kristi said...

I commented on the picture before I read your post. LOL That was a good illustration. I've felt like the new fish in the tank plenty of times, but one thing was always the same and that was my Lord was always there with me.

~Kristi

Shari said...

absolutely.
we've sort of inherited the tank when we moved here. i'm very glad to have it.

Betty's Loosing Race said...

I can relate to "finding your niche".
I'm also so glad that we always have the Lord to lean on for strength during all those "first" in our lives. Whenever I go through those "first" times it always feels like at the time I am the only one that feels like that. I'm so thankful that God loves us through our emotions.