Search This Blog

Friday, September 22, 2006

made it a great day.

I started the day cleaning, and it predictably put me in a bad mood. I yelled at gabey because i was getting so tense. He jumped and started to cry. I felt so badly. I was taking my anger out on him. I was getting bitter and resentful at my DH, because he hasn't tried to clean his side of the room since we moved in here. I cleaned it, and just kept fuming that I was his maid. But then, when I yelled at Gabey, I realized I had to stop. We got our cups, and went into the backyard for the afternoon. It saved my day, and I made myself calm down and get a new perspective.

The afternoon was gorgeous, I couldn't have prayed for a better one. There were monarch butterflies just teaming around, and blue jays and doves zooming past. I got to see that my new baby Rose of Sharon bush has flowered!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I'm throwing in a picture of my sweet little baby portulaca plants (i found the seedlings in a transplant I took from the old house, they're some of my favorite flowers.)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Gabey and I got to goof off together, giving eachother butterfly kisses, and just playing little games together. (He had fogiven me, Thank you Lord, for such a good son.)

When Jeff got home from work, the house was clean, and I was proud of that. Not long after he got home, he changed into his old clothes, and went out and worked in the yard. We moved the rest of the stones to the back, for the border.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Plus, he mowed the front half of the backyard (it's a huge task, our regular mower is broken and we're having to borrow my dad's little electric mower.) Then we made a fire in the fireplace and had a nice relaxing evening in front of it, and ordered delivery.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Thank you Lord, for turning a day I could have been stuck in a bad mood, into a great day.

No comments: