Search This Blog

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Our Almost Pup


We went last night to see the puppy again, and to apply for the credit to buy it. We got declined. I had prayed that God would just do what was best for us, and afterward, I have to be honest, I was a little relieved. I thought the puppy was beautiful, but in my heart of hearts, I knew I wouldn't be really happy owning a dog. I know my husband adores dogs, and has always wanted one. I was trying to convince myself all weekend that it was what I wanted too. Well, God took care of it, and we didn't take the little pup home. I confessed my feelings to my sweetie last night, and told him I just really had to be honest with myself, and say that no matter how hard I try, and how much I don't want to be selfish.... I don't think I'll ever want a dog. This was a sweet little Yorkie/shon mix, and he was gorgeous. The only problem was I could already feel myself getting tense with him....we were able to be in a little room with him for quite a while.... and he peed on the floor, and was biting us, and jumping around.... and though I handled it all fine, I could tell I wouldn't be happy when all this was happening constantly in my home. One good thing is, he really was the best dog I 've found, as far as not smelling or shedding and stuff, plus he didn't bark once! I think if I ever change my mind about dogs, that's the kind I'd want. The Bishon mix in him calms down the Yorkie in him.

I felt sad last night, because I wanted my hubbie to be happy, and I knew he really wanted the puppy. Now, I can say though, that it was God that said no, and not me. That helps my heart a little. I am thankful that, when I tried to do something with my husband's best in mind, God still took care of me too. Maybe God will help me change my mind if it's His will that we get a dog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shari........very cute puppy!! You know if you ever do decide to give it a try again go to a shelter/clinic or no kill shelter. The adoption fee is so much cheaper ( anywhere from $20 up to $75) and they have dogs that really need homes. You can get to see lots of puppies as well. The no kill shelter almost across from Walmart on Brookpark is a wonderful shelter. ($55 to adopt a puppy) and they include extras too. Or you can go on Petfinder.com and find dogs/puppies that need home. The adoption fee is higher there though for some.
Enjoyed reading your blog.:)
Love ya