Search This Blog

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Postcards from the Hotel

Hey!! We're in the hotel! LOL! We've been having a great week. So far, we've gone to the Children's Museum, The National Aviary, The Pittsburg Zoo, and to Amish Country.
It's been an adventure, and so much fun! My sweetie has done all the driving, and he's been AMAZING! The roads are under construction, and winding, and hilly. I'm so thankful he's been willing to do it.

Yesterday, we went to Amish country, and tried to find a restaurant. There was only one sign, so we turned down the street. It was a tiny gravel street going through the woods, so hilly and winding. I made jokes that the sign was a ruse, and that bandits put it up to lure people into the woods, YIKES. When we finally got to the restaurant, IT WAS CLOSED for a private party! We were having a heart attack, and starving already. We laughed so hard. After driving around, we found the coolest little Amish salvage foods store. I took a picture of their gas lights. We got snacks and drinks, and got to talk to the people. Later, we found a really cute mercantile, and I took a picture of a beautiful Amish woman at the counter. After she left, the storekeeper told me..."Did you know it is against their religion to get their picture taken?" Oh, I felt terrible! I rushed out, and stopped her in her buggy! I told her I didn't know, and that I had deleted the picture off my camera for her. She thanked me, and smiled. I felt such a load off. I would never have wanted to make her feel bad. I could imagine how she felt, that I might have ruined her entire day. I did get some nice buggy pictures and a picture of a house with clothes on the line.
Tomorrow, we have an appointment for a tour of Fallingwater! I'm very excited!

Gabey has been great, we've been going swimming in the pool here, and he's been having a blast!

I'll post pictures when I get back home. :):)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that you are having a great time. I was looking on the Idlewild website and saw that they are going to have the Hallowboo when you are there. It sounds like it will be nice. I hope you guys found somewhere to eat. How funny! Iposted that we stayed at the Four Seasons in Greenfield--but I saw that it was the Four Points Sheraton in Greensburg. How about you guys? Are you near there? Looking forward to seeing your pictures! Have a great time and give Chris a hug from me :-)
Love-
Lori

Betty's Loosing Race said...

Glad to hear you guys are having a good time.

God is truly using your sensitivity to other people. What an example you are - even when you are on vacation. I'm sure the Lord is so proud of you.

Have fun on the rest of your trip.
~Betty

Kristi said...

Sounds like you've had a fun filled itenerary. Glad to hear it!

I'm sure your Amish model was pleased the rest of the day. :)

Hope you continue to have a wonderful time and I'm so looking forward to seeing your pictures.

~Kristi

Shari said...

hi lori- it turns out we stayed at Comfort Inn, and didn't get to go to Idlewild after all. It was a lot of money, and most of the attractions were going to be closed, so we decided against it. we had already gone to some really nice places for gabey to enjoy.
it was good to see you at church last night, i'm sorry i was in a pooper mood, and didn't stay to chat.

oh betty- thank you so much. i just wish i stopped and thought Before i did silly things, lol. i should have asked her beforehand. oh well, it's all right now.

kristi- i'm about to post a TON of pics, lol.