Search This Blog

Sunday, October 08, 2006

God is Truly the Giver of Good Gifts

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting What a day this has been. Praise the Lord, I love Sunday! I got to teach on "Give like God Gives." It was so much fun (it's always fun teaching kindergarteners). We talked about how, ultimately, God is the One who gives us everything in our lives. There was an illustration, and I made it into a mini play for them to do....

A little boy had a piece of bread for breakfast, and went to thank his mom...
His mom said, "Don't thank me, thank the baker. He's the one who made the bread that I bought."
So, the boy went to the baker, and the baker said, "Don't thank me, thank the farmer. He grew the wheat that I made into bread."
The farmer said, "Don't thank me, thank the sun and the rain. Without them, I wouldn't have been able to grow this crop."
And finally, the sun and rain said, "Don't thank us, thank the One who created us! God."


Our verse was..."Every good gift, and every perfect gift is from above,..."
We talked about how God gives- Lovingly, Freely, Constantly, Sacrificially, and Willingly.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Later in the day, I fell asleep, and woke up way too late. I was making a corn casserole for my stepmommy to take to her revival dinner. I woke up at 4, and was supposed to be giving it to her at 4:30, yikes! So, I put it together and in the oven, and just took it when it was done. As we were on our way, I decided to stay at Daddy's church for their service. I'm so glad I did. The dinner was so tastey, and the people were all very sweet. I got some pictures of the church and the dinner with my phone camera. They aren't good quality, but they capture the moment. It turned out to be a great service, encouraging us to be soul winners. I need to hear that.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting After the service, I got to watch my dad and Patty. They were helping an older man into his car. They touched my heart with their little act of kindness. This new church has been such a blessing. They are happy and serving, and they are home.

I am so proud of my dad. He has a tender heart, and that is rare and beautiful in people nowadays. I love you, Dad.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting I am so proud of Gabey. Patty watched him in the little nursery, so I could join the service. She said afterwards that he's the best 3 year old she's ever seen. He whispered through the service, so she could keep the door open and listen to the preaching. God has given us something special in this little boy. I'm bursting with pride in how thoughtful he is.

No comments: