Search This Blog

Monday, October 09, 2006

The Beauty of Fire (for Sallie's Carnival of Beauty)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I remember a song that I sang as a child. I did it as a special in my Sunday School class, oh so long ago....

"It only takes a spark,
To get a fire going,
And soon all those around
Can warm up to it's glowing.
That's how it is with God's love,
Once you've experienced it.
You spread His love
To everyone.
You want to pass it on."
God has been convicting me of not being a strong witness. I don't ever hide the fact that I'm born again. I'm very happy in my faith, and am willing to talk about it to people who ask me, but.....
I don't go out of my way to give out tracks. I don't ask the Lord to give me a burden. I live my happy life, and just don't think.
I don't think about the lost, about people who, in their heart of hearts are searching, scared to death about tomorrow, about dying.
I need to remember that hell is real....
I need to remember, that I can help. I can give out my little spark, and start the flame in their soul.
Fire has so many scary connotations (hell, for example), but it also has a most beautiful message too. It does only take a spark. A kind word or two to a lost soul. "Hey, I've been thinking about you. Are you saved? I can show you in the Bible, if you'd like." It's so easy for me to write it, but why is it so hard to actually bring myself to say it?
Lord, please help me spread the spark that is inside me.... Share the Hope of your Gospel.... Share the warmth of your salvation.
Help me have a burden for souls.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

I remember that song from my youth too. We sang it at camp.

~Kristi

Anonymous said...

Yes! I remember this song. It is an oldie but goodie.

Thank you for participating in this week's carnival.

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

First time here. Such a beautiful and very REAL post. Loved it! Thank you.

Shari said...

thanks to you all. this is a really hard post to admit, but I have to be honest with myself, and swallow my pride.