Search This Blog

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Mood Ring for Wives

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

WIFEY Jewelry.

My husband, being unhappy with my mood swings,
bought me a mood ring the other day so he would be
able to monitor my moods.

We've discovered that when I'm in a good mood, it
turns green. When I'm in a bad mood, it leaves a big
red mark on his forehead.

Maybe next time he'll buy me a diamond!
My friend sent me this little joke, and I changed it from menopause, to include all wives.
It's horrible, but my husband walked around with a huge red mark on his forehead all evening, metaphorically speaking of course. I've been asking him to take care of the windshield wipers on the caravan. It's such little job, and I should have just done it myself in the first place. It was my mistake trying to make it his responsibility. Well, it finally BROKE off the arm, while I was on my way to the doctor's yesterday. I had to drive the rest of the way without wipers. After the doctor, I tried to switch the wipers, so that the better one was on my side. As I started driving, the broken wiper started scraping against the glass! It made the worst noise in the world! I had to pull into a parking lot. I called Jeffie, and yelled at him for putting me through that, and hung up on him. (I know.. Bad wifey!) Then I calmed down, and went out and took the wiper off entirely, and lifted the wiper arm up, so it wouldn't touch the glass. It looked really funny as I was driving, sticking up in the air, but I had to use my wipers. I drove to Walmart (my first visit for months), and bought new wipers, and put them on.
I think both of us were in the wrong. I would have liked him to take care of this little thing months ago when I talked to him about it. It would have helped me feel confident in his ability to take care of me, and do the little things to make our life better. I was wrong in over-reacting, and not just stepping up and doing it myself a long time ago. I waited until it was a huge deal, and then blew up at him. I was wrong to yell at him, and hang up. Then, I was in such a bad mood when I came home, that I blew up at Gabey too, when he pushed over my pile of clothes while I was folding them. I spanked him and pushed him out of our bedroom, and closed the door. I shouldn't have gotten so angry. That wasn't a spanking matter, and I shouldn't have done it that way.
Lord, I have so long to go! I have such a bad temper. Please, help me learn to control myself. Give me wisdom on what to do in situations like this.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Well now, Shari, thanks for telling us about your little spiff. We know you're human now. :)

Go grab Jeff and give him a big kiss and a batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies and tell him what a great hubby he is.........even if he didn't change the windshield wiper. LOL


~Kristi

Shari said...

last night, i had him rub my shoulders to show me he was sorry, and i did something very nice for him to show him i was sorry. :):):)