Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Making Things Right (long post, lol.)

Lately, God has been working on me to talk to my music director. I was starting to have a bad attitude in my heart about some of the new changes. I was starting to feel like the bad kid in the class, because of having to skip some practices and coming in late to others. The Lord wouldn't be pleased with the path my heart was taking, so last night, with my heart pounding out of my chest, I stopped my director, and apologized for my feelings of defensiveness. I went on to let him know some of the reasons that I miss, and told him I was really happy with the way he was leading the choir, and everything. He's really helping the music ministry so much. So, I'm glad The Lord gave me courage to tell him my heart, even though it wasn't easy. He was fine, and thanked me for coming to him. He said I was the first. I just knew I couldn't keep feeling the way I was feeling, and have a successful ministry in the choir.


Also, and this will take a lot more work. I've decided to try not to make hubby be something he's not. I've been trying to change him into a handyman since we got married. I've been leaving jobs for him that I thought he should be doing, and then I've gotten frustrated when I had to do it myself, or when so much time would go by without things getting fixed.

I've come to the conclusion though that to him fixing things and doing handy work around the house is as bad as how I feel about cooking. I'm not good at it, I'm clumsy, and things just don't turn out the way I want.

We had a really good talk earlier in the week, and I've decided that if I can do it myself, I will, and if I can get someone else to help, I will. I'm going to stop trying to leave things for him to do. I've been creating conflict that doesn't need to be there. My husband and I have a fantastic relationship. We have so much fun together, and he's awesome at helping me with Gabey. He really does so much that most husbands don't do. I'm so thankful for that. We have no big issues to work out, and if I can help us have a smoother time of it, I really need to do that.

Jeff works 6 days a week, and every day has some overtime. Plus, he walks for most of it. The job he has is mentally and physically taxing. I need to help this home be a haven for him when he gets home. He needs to be able to come home and rest in the evening. I'm going to help that happen. Lord, help me remember these things I've decided, and help put them into practice, so that our home can be less stressful, and a happy place to be.

No comments: