Search This Blog

Thursday, November 16, 2006

"Calvin" at the Doctor's Office


Yesterday was a rough as I had dreaded. Have you read the Calvin and Hobbes comic, where he's at the doctor's, and won't let the doctor touch him? Well, that's my boy! LOL! He cried hysterically, and fought whenever the doctor or nurse tried to do anything except talk to him. We had to football hold him, just so she could get a look in his ears. He wasn't having any shots or anything either! I had to pin him against the wall, so we could try to see how tall he is. What a nut! He's getting me back for the way I was when I was little. I remember being terrified of the doctor. I really was a "little, pink cushion" though (open heart surgery when I was 7).
I can see that he's traumatized, I mean he's being held down (and hard, I might add, he's a strong little guy). It's understandable that he hates it. He just doesn't understand that if he just sat there, it wouldn't be a problem.

I'm going to get a doctor kit so we can play doctor for the next YEAR, just so he won't embarrass me this badly next year. YIKES!

No comments: