Search This Blog

Monday, November 13, 2006

Walmart

Well, I haven't shopped at Walmart since I heard of their decision to support the Gay/Lesbian Chamber of Commerce. The problem is that the only other store is Kmart, and I HATE THAT STORE. It's the worst store ever. The lines are like Cedar Point, the customer service is like Dick's Last Resort, and the music is like a rock hall. I don't want to shop there anymore. I don't even know what they stand for. They may be as liberal as Target. I just didn't happen to see anything recently about them. (I hate shopping, so I couldn't even imagine trying to go to all the little stores around to try to get everything I need, I'm just not a shopper.)

So, though I feel like I'm caving, I think I may start going back to Walmart. I still don't agree with them in their new partnerships, but I need to shop at a store that I can feel comfortable going to. They've stuck me. They have made themselves indispensable to me, and it makes me mad.

The only thing is that I can't boycott every store that holds to liberal values, EVERY store does. There isn't a store that isn't worldly, so I'm either going to boycott Walmart, and end up going to another store that holds the same stance, or I'm going to go back to Walmart, and feel like I've lost a personal fight.

No comments: