Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Another Wellness Exam

SmileyCentral.com

Pray for us. Gabey has his 3 year wellness exam today, and he still remembers his time from last year.
(I wrote about it, it's in my January posts.)
I mentioned it in passing to him yesterday, thinking I was being a good mommy to prepare him. Well, the whole day... he would come up to me and start to cry..."The doctor's not coming over?"

Oh mannn. I love our doctor, and I feel so badly that he's sooo sensitive about it. She's not the one who even gives him the shots, she doesn't do anything bad to him, just checks him out. I understand, I mean I was terrified of our doctor too. Now, the nurse... I can understand him being terrified of, she's the one who does all the scary stuff, like shots. She's the sweetest woman, too. My heart goes out to her every time we visit. She gets this sad look, because he's so scared of her, and cries so bad with the shots.

It's nothing new. Children have been dreading the doctors for centuries. This too shall pass. I'm so thankful to have a healthy son that only needs to go in for Wellness exams. Thank you Lord, for a healthy son.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Amen to healthy children. There is a boy we've been praying for in church. His grandmother goes to our church. He has a brain tumor and is ten years old. It really doesn't look good, but God is in control of all things.

~Kristi

Shari said...

oh man!

cancer is just the scariest desease out there, it's like this nightmareish lottery.