Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

My Saturday...

Every Saturday, my sister, Chrissy comes over, and hangs out for the day. It's a day I always look forward to. Jeffie works on Saturdays, and without Chrissy's visits, it's just another weekday for me.

This Saturday, she brought me my favorite drink, Dunkin Donuts "Mocha Blast" with whipped cream and cinnamon on top. YUMMM. She also does Sunday School lessons for Gabey on Saturdays, and always brings a treat for him when he says his Bible verse. He can go back too all the old verses too, and he remembers them.

We chatted and hung around during the afternoon. I just love being with her.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Chrissy decided on a name for her new car... Bessie the butterfly. She brought supplies to make a mirror hanger, and I helped her make that. She did a cool craft with Gabey while I was working on the hanger.


Later we went outside. Chrissy got in a working mood, and started working in the yard! I was so excited to be having it worked on. She's so strong, and she pulled, and cut weeds, and the back forsythia bush, and didn't stop. She worked all the way around, to the horrible "backwoods" section on the side of my yard. I cut it all down a while ago, and it was back to being a jungle. She spent so much time just chopping away, and now that space is clear. I can't wait to get to the store and get the spray that my friend suggested to kill the roots out over there. There is a trumpet vine that keeps putting out wandering shoots, and a horrible wild raspberry vine with prickers, not to mention all the other various weeds that grow like wildfire in that section.

I helped with the weeds a little bit, and moved stones to put the fire pit on top. JEffie weed whacked quite a bit, and then built a fire in the pit.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I just love having a fire. It was a great night. We roasted hot dogs, and marshmallows. It drizzled a lot, but it didn't stop us from enjoying the evening.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

That is so sweet that your sister will come and do Sunday school with Gabey. I know he looks forward to that.

~Kristi

Shari said...

it's been such a blessing. he's remembering the stories, and the verses really well. he runs up to her the minute she gets in the house, and yells his verse! ROTFL.