Search This Blog

Monday, October 03, 2005

touchable bubbles

"Bubboh? Big?" my son adores bubbles, as do most of the toddlers his age. It's just such a fascinating, fleeting thing to watch bubbles magically appear from a little wand. The restraint is always too great, and they must be touched! POP! Oops, oh, here's the next one!

This weekend, I found an ingenious, although pretty gooey, invention. Touchable bubbles. I bought them at a little shop where I was buying birthday presents. I blew them for the baby as soon as we got to my sister's apartment, and it was quite an experience. They really do stay, they are strong little things. Gabey was walking around with them stuck to his hair. They were attached to the stuffed puppy, and all over the carpet. Oops, well, luckilly Chrissy didn't mind. When i touched them, they reminded me of slimy glue. ick. Only for outside, from now on. LOL. At my nephew's birthday party, he and his friends blew some of them, and were standing around with them stuck to their arms. I was happy to have something of interest to a 10 year old and his friends.

I'm still partial to the regular bubbles. I blow them in the house all the time for the baby. My mom came over, and was surprised. She had never thought of blowing them in the house. I figure, it's just soap, it won't bother anything, and whatever it touches at least is a bit cleaner for the experience.

Our dining room (made into a sitting room) is the best place in the house for bubbles, because of our huge ceiling fan. I blow the bubbles and the fan sucks them up, and wisks them around the room, in a crazy circle. It's also wonderful to see the bubble travelling upwards, instead of instantly down to the carpet.

"Bubboh, pee?" (bubbles, please?)
"anytime, sweety!"

No comments: