Search This Blog

Saturday, October 22, 2005

How on earth did you get in there???

Thursday night, was a memorable one. We just got the toddler bed, and Gabey loved it. We laid him down, and said prayer, and shut the light off like usual, and he was quiet the rest of the evening.
Well, around one o'clock, I heard him whimpering, and went in to check on him. I couldn't find him!! I could hear him, I was like,
"honey, where are you?"
I turned on the light, and heard him inside the bed! I looked under the bed, and there he was!
"What are you doing in there?!"
"GUCK!" (stuck)
Oh, honey! I pulled him out by the legs, and the rest of the night was crazy. He didn't want to get back in the bed! And I don't blame him. At one point, I had him get in, and I put the cover on him, and he had his head on the pillow, but I could tell he was scared, and he started crying and said "Out, DOWN?"
I stayed with him the rest of the night, as we had just taken down the crib. Oh, I was so tired. I had us lay down on the floor on pillows and stuff, but he only was there for a little while, and he kept playing with my face and laughing. He played around the room, in the semi dark. Finally at 4 AM, we went out to the living room, and I let him watch his choo choo video. I moved him to the floor to lay on his huge turtle pillow, and turned it on again after he'd watched it once, and by 5 AM, he was asleep! I could finally try to sleep too. So SORE! I'm not too comfortable on our "king chair" (chez lounge). Well, needless to say, put up the crib again, yesterday afternoon. He was still upset, and didn't even want to be in the crib for his afternoon nap, so we let him nap on the turtle again. Last night, we laid him in the crib like always, and he was just fine. "thank you Lord!"

I'm not upset that he's not ready for the toddler bed yet. We're keeping it up for him to play in, and later, he'll move to it when he's ready. I realize, he wouldn't want to stay put, even if he hadn't had that traumatic experience, so he still needs the crib, AND he likes it. So, we'll wait until he WANTS to move from the crib. He doesn't try to climb out, he's perfectly content in the crib, so we're fine with him staying in there. I am extremely happy that we got the bed when we did though, the deal we got, wouldn't have ever come again. And we get to give it to him for his birthday.

What other kid you know gets a CAR for his 2 year old birthday? LOL!

(This picture is from a few weeks ago)

No comments: