Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Some Cool Bible Drills, and Poems



BIBLE DRILL

http://www.teachingtruth.org/bibleDrill/A/drill.cgi

This is a fun Bible Drill my sister sent me. It's a new drill each time. I'm sure you'll do great!!


She also sent me a sweet poem about not giving up....










The Fern and the Bamboo.....
One day I decided to quit....
I quit my job, my relationship, my spirituality. ....
I wanted to quit my life.
I went to the woods to have one last talk with God.
"God", I said. "Can you give me one good reason not to quit?" His answer surprised me...
"Look around", He said. "Do you see the fern and the bamboo?"
"Yes", I replied.
"When I planted the fern and the bamboo seeds,I took very good care of them. I gave them light. I gave them water.The fern quickly grew from the earth. Its brilliant green covered the floor.
Yet nothing came from the bamboo seed.
But I did not quit on the bamboo.
In the second year the Fern grew more vibrant and plentiful.
And again, nothing came from the bamboo seed.
But I did not quit on the bamboo".He said.
"In the third year, there was still nothing from the bamboo seed.
But I would not quit.
In the fourth year, again, there was nothing from the bamboo seed.

I would not quit."He said. "Then in the fifth year a tiny sprout emerged from the earth.Compared to the fern it was seemingly small and insignificant.
But just 6 months later the bamboo rose to over 100 feet tall.
It had spent the five years growing roots.Those roots made it strong and gave it what it needed to survive.
I would not give any of my creations a challenge it could not handle."He said to me.
"Did you know, my child, that all this time you have been struggling,you have actually been growing roots?
I would not quit on the bamboo.I will never quit on you.
Don't compare yourself to others."He said.
"The bamboo had a different purpose than the fern, yet, they both make the forest beautiful."
"Your time will come, "God said to me.
" You will rise high!"
"How high should I rise?" I asked.
"How high will the bamboo rise?" He asked in return.
"As high as it can?" I questioned.
"Yes." He said, "Give me glory by rising as high as you can."

No comments: