Search This Blog

Friday, December 15, 2006

If You Found a Driver's License?

What would you do if you found a driver's license in the parking lot of a store?
I don't know, I figure I would just turn it in at the customer service at the store I found it. I lost my license a while ago, and a nice man picked it up, and instead of turning it in, he took it home, and tried to find me online. He found my brother in law and told him that he would be popping it in the mail for me. Well, that's all well and good, except that my brother in law didn't know my current address or phone number, and the guy never left his name or anytyhing. So, my adress is not current, (it was expiring in march, so I figured I would just update it then. I never dreamed I'd lose it.) The forwarding service has expired, and my license is wandering around somewhere. What a fiasco! I called the city where I used to live, and the lady was short with me, and told me she hadn't seen anything. I'm sure she looked- not. I've learned my lesson, I know now to keep my address current, but what if God was protecting me? What if the man was trying to find me? What kind of world is this that a person can't feel safe anymore? I've waited for a while now, trying to be patient, hoping it would find it's way back, but I'm just going to have to get another one, and hope that the old one doesn't fall into the hands of a criminal. Pray that this gets sorted out, and the God keeps me safe.

No comments: