Search This Blog

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Etiquette and Manners Classes in School


Who's with me? Why don't schools still offer Etiquette and Manners classes? They scramble to pass out condoms, and teach how to have sex! Why can't they teach how to be considerate, and respectful? No one has respect for the elderly anymore. It's all me me me. I'm more important than you, and therefore, I can push in front of you, or talk rude to you, or whatever.

No one knows how to eat in public anymore. Tonight, I was a Macaroni Grill, and there were some high school kids eating before a dance. One girl kept hiking up her triangle spaghetti strap dress up at the bodice, and eating large mouthfuls of pasta. It was hard not to notice the poor girl.

I am guilty of poor etiquette, too. I tend to burp sooo much louder than I ever did when I was under my mom's roof. My mom has always been a lady. She taught me to be a lady. I have let so many bad habits slip into my everyday mannerisms, I could put my embarrassing stories in a fail blog, LOL. I have spent so much time at home, doing whatever I feel like doing, I could benefit from an etiquette class.

I do try to be considerate of people in public, especially for older ladies and gentlemen. I try to let people through in traffic, and in stores... let people go first in line. I'm always trying to remain pleasant and polite to restaurant workers and cashiers at stores. It's just a nice thing to do. I'm sure there are days though, when I probably annoy people with my brusqueness or impatience when I'm having a bad day. I know not everyone can have a good day every day.

I just wish it were more of a priority for people to act right in public.

No comments: