Search This Blog

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Photographer's Advice


I love Pinterest. It's a sweet, benign online bulletin board. I don't make money off these little digital photos I repin, or find online and pin. So, I don't understand why on earth people are getting so buggy. I'm hearing about people suing Pinterest users for pinning their work. Well, put a watermark on it that says "DO NOT PIN!" or "COPYRIGHT" make it clear that you don't want your photo used. 

If you don't, then you simply have to be ready for it to be shared across the internet. Google images pulls up every random image from every random website at the first second of typing a word. People just want to enjoy your photo. They're not making copies and selling them for someone's wall. 

I would be flattered. Chalk it up to free publicity. 
Watermark the photo with your website, or blog, or your name. Claim it. 

No comments: