Search This Blog

Thursday, August 10, 2006

My big boy!

here is my little man in his new pullups!
we've started!
the big day has arrived... the jump from baby to boy.
We just got the pullups and potty seat today.
I had gotten a toddler potty chair a while ago, and he's just too big for it, so i got the seat that fits on the regular toilet.
so far, it's been a wash, lol. i put him on the potty, and he waits til he's off, and then goes in his pullup. He got an M&M, when he first sat on the potty, and hasn't gotten one since. He knows he has to pee on the potty before he gets another one.
I'm thankful he does sit. We bring a book and i read it to him, and then he tells it back to me. I'm not sure how long i should make him sit. It's so exciting. This is the biggest thing we've had to do. He moved to a sippy cup so easily. He still refuses to do anything but play with his spoon, but we're working on it. He gave his binky to a baby at the mall when he was 1 1/2. So, this is it. The last right of passage to being a big boy. I'm going to miss his diapers. my little diadee boy was so cute. I didn't really mind changing him. He also was never too picky, like some babies on when he got changed.
The mom inside me sighs.

No comments: