Search This Blog

Thursday, December 08, 2005

NorthCoast Baptist Church has a building now!!


My hubbie and i have been helping start a new Baptist chuch in Lakewood, called NorthCoast, and for a year now, we've been having to rent the meeting room of an assisted living place. I'm thankful that we've had such a nice place to meet, but it's definitely NOT ideal. we've been looking at this church building forever, and my pastor really thought it was the one for us, and just this week we put a bid on it, and GOT IT!!Now we have to pray in the money to pay for it! I'm sooo excited. I was a kindergarten sunday school teacher for years at our home church Cleveland Baptist, and i've really missed not being able to have a sunday school. with this building, which is an actual church building, we'll be able to have all the extras, like sunday school, and stuff. also, we've been meeting at my house for the wed night bible study, and so we'll be able to meet there. and it has a real working BELL! how totally cool is that? here's a picture i took when my hubbie and i were driving by to look at it.
Jan 25th is our organization ceremony, where we'll sign the charter and become our own church (not just a ministry of CBC) and then Pastor signs the papers to own the church building on the 26th! Wohooooo!!

No comments: