Search This Blog

Saturday, June 09, 2012

Coyote, Baby Geese, and other Fine Friends

Jeffie has been off all week, and it's just been so nice having him around. We went to the park on Monday, and I got some great photos of a coyote that wandered into our picnic site. The boys played with little foam airplanes, and bubbles, and I collected pine cones for a Sunday school craft. Giddy was ornery, and spent quite a bit of time in time out under a tree.

Tuesday, we went to the zoo, and though it started out stressful, the day turned out to be fantastic. It was really crowded with lots of school field trips, and other visitors. I thought it may not be as bad because it seemed like it was going to rain the whole time we were there, and it was really chilly. I hate crowds. I don't know why I get so upset being in a crowd. It's just the way I've always been. I remember being in plays, and whenever they had the meet and greet out in the lobby, I'd always find a way to sneak off. Parties were never the way for me. I'd be the one in another room off by myself. I'm thankful that the day loosened up, and we got to visit almost every section of the zoo. The boys had a great time, and I loved being with Jeff. I made it a point to leave my camera at home, so I wouldn't slip into my artist mode, and forget to enjoy the day with my family. I wanted to pay attention to them, and not the pretty photos I could get. <3 I've actually done that a lot this week, so you'll just have to trust me when I say this has been a great week, with gorgeous moments. haha.

Wednesday was a nothing day. I didn't feel too hot, and laid down for some of the afternoon, and we just hung around the apartment for the day.

Thursday, we had to go to Gabriel's oncology appointment for his blood draw. We'll need some prayer, because they found that his red blood cells have been steadily getting higher since he went off chemo. They said it could be as simple as him not getting enough fluids, which is totally possible. They took his pulse ox, and next appointment in 2 months (ugh so long to wait) they'll do more blood tests, and an ekg and ultrasound of his belly. We're praying that by the next appointment, his counts will have gotten lower, and we'll find out that it really is just low fluids. I find myself stopping and getting stressed, and I just start praying for my little man. It's all I need to do. We're giving Gabe his own water jug to make sure he finishes it every day, besides the milk and other things he drinks.

After the appointment, we decided to make the day nicer, so we went and had lunch at Wendy's, and played at Lakewood park for a while. They have a huge playground, and a walkway down to the lake. Then we went to the Lake Erie Nature Center. Gideon was his usual self, and when we were crossing the little rock path across the fish pond, he plopped down, and stuck his feet right in. Ugh. I also caught him crawling over the fence to get closer to the animal exhibit. This kid is a trial. Lol. We loved the animal exhibits, and the cool bee exhibit. The weather was awesome, and the drive to all these places was very nice.

Friday, we dropped the boys off at Patty Nanna's house to spend the night, and Patty's daughter was there with her kids. So, the boys had lots of kids to play with. Jeff took me to Pill the Fire for lunch, and we tried fried green tomatoes! YUM! and I had turkey meatloaf, grilled broccoli, and mashed sweet potatoes. What a cool place! We kind of just hung around after that. We drove around, and stopped at the park to sit for a while, and we spent time just hanging around the apartment. Man, was it quiet.

This morning, I ended up waking up at 6am, and not being able to get back to sleep, so I went to Walmart for some breakfast stuff. I saw some sweet goose families, and put my hazards on in the Lowes drive- though, so I could take some photos. Ha ha. I don't think we have anything planned for today, it's a gorgeous day out though, so whatever happens, will be fine with me. <3

No comments: