Search This Blog

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Gerber Meat Sticks and the Ant Farm

So, i mopped the house yesterday, doing the wood floors. Not hard, but i thought it was an accomplishment, seeing my housekeeping skills (and ambition) are nill.

After Gabey's nap, I gave him some Gerber meat sticks to munch on, and left him to them while i did some laundry. I came into the spare room to find the meat sticks squished all over the floor, and him in the middle of it, and ANTS already starting to gather! I wiped them up and wiped up the rest of the meat sticks, and left.

A few minutes later, he came in with one of my old play books, and put it on the couch, and started cooing..."it's a crabbie!" For a second, i thought he was talking about a logo on the cover or something, but then realized he was talking about the ant happilly wandering all over the book. More cleanup! I decided to mop the room again, just to try to get the meat stick trail covered up from the explorer ants. I'm going to the store today, I'm going to have to stock up on pest control, seeing the baby likes leaving bait all over the house.

No comments: